Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Cool use of OMFG I'M GOING APESHIT THIS IS TOTALLY MINDF!@K by ART+COM, germany for BMW

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HVhVClFMg6Y

I couldn't sleep very well
decided to make myself a hot drink and saw on Twitter that the D&AD nominations were finally out.
Consistently throughout the years, the British D&AD award nomination for me has been the benchmark for creative excellence - Except for the awards they give to Harvey Nichols every year.

One judge from Malaysia recently claimed that the D&AD was actually a 'british award show'. Oh! There are only 5 nominations from Malaysia, and yours isn't one of them. I can see why it's a british award show now. 

Enough about that and onto the work.
This blog is meant to be the silo for all things inspiring to me in the advertising world
I love it that after all these years, i still retain my child-like wonder when i see something that renders me totally speechless
of course, it's been seven long years in the industry, it's easy to get jaded and have that 'i've seen it before' feeling
the trick is to keep looking. 
If 'you've seen it before' it's because you've been hanging around way too often looking out the same window in the same house (for the literal, please, it's a metaphor)

A true gauge of creativity is the level of 'OMG HOW DID THEY DO THAT' you can squeeze out of your audience
kinda like a magic show
and in terms of sheer entertainment, and design as a communication language
nothing can come close to what i've seen from BMW
This design sculpture is done by ART+COM for the BMW Museum in Munich


If the still frames above look mesmerising
you're in for a treat when you click on the actual 'performance'
according to Joshua Topolsky of endgadget.com (thanks for the above still frames)
it's 'a wave of undulating orbs that appear to weightlessly float'
Thanks Josh for that really cerebral description, but i think it's better we sit back and watch the video, and say outloud now... "OMFG! THIS IS TOTALLY MINDF@!K"

2 comments:

  1. 7 years? I thought it was longer?

    ReplyDelete
  2. started may 01
    how many years is that ar
    7 half (my question mark aint working)

    ReplyDelete