Sunday, August 9, 2009

Day 36, 37 & 38: Free-flowin futsal, Birthday Roda with Rafa + Raped by Cueca at the gym

Day 36
'Tis a good day
My suspicions are founded - i need contact lenses to play futsal
these high-index glasses mess with your peripheral vision
i had a great run, stamina was top notch, got some great assists and goals

Day 37
Made it to the birthday roda of my main man Rafael
Rafa made short work of all the juniors
i think they didn't put up much of a fight
perereka was unceremoniously dumped out in 15 seconds
i had a nice angola game with rafa
it was a 'conversation between brothers in the roda'
two children playing, smiling, teasing, both throwing hidden movements nobody else saw or understood
well rafa did put an elbow up my nose... but it was all good.
cueca had a nice game too
durim survived.
god talking about it makes me miss capoeira already

Day 38
hit the gym
cueca promises to get me in shape in time for my wedding dinner next year
for some reason i've put on 2kgs
i don't feel it
my kicks are strong, my jump is good, stamina's rockin
but when i look in the mirror... gah!
i just gotta keep the faith.

No comments:

Post a Comment