Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Day 25 & 26. I rejoice as my muscles cry once more

Day 25

I've been rather on-the-edge restless due to lack of physical activity.
got the chance to do a lunch-time gym run
SME-cueca gave me his precious lunchtime off
he already gym'd so he was just coaching me
did three types of workouts
i dont even know how to describe them because i'm inherently anti-gym.
but i did shoulder dips, and was surprised that i could do them, WITH added weights.
tak puas - abused some ab muscles as well.
and insisted we had to train tomorrow.

Day 26

My body's well-trained for 3am-9am sleep cycles
but that's been the past 2 weeks sans training
this morning it was hard to wake up
had a 20-min nap in between at lunchtime
and caught cueca at the park for an hour

did half hour of floreios
compasso semaos
compasso half-semao twist into role
au, bounce back one handstand into qaeda-de-rin, and into a low esdobrado (not bad, shall try that in jakarta)

the other half hour were partner drills
we're more aggressive and confident with each other now in drills
which is good
cueca got a few good hits on me
i blame it on my gym sessions lagging my leg a bit
i need to pay attention to a few things

1. look into his eyes! not his feet. his eyes are the window to a whole world of pain!

2. because i'm a small-framed capoeirista, i need to learn not to be cornered in a roda. you can't play a head-on game. you must be concious of your surroundings and learn to move around and behind him so that you stay in the centre of the roda.

We did 8 sets with 1-2 minute breaks in between, 5 regional games, 2 benguela and 1 angola. i'd say it was pretty good for an hour.

Can't wait for JAKARTA!

No comments:

Post a Comment