Thursday, February 11, 2010

Cool Use of THE CREATIVE TEAM by DDB New Zealand for the New Zealand Coast Guard


This campaign is awesome in so many levels.

You always hear talk about how much creatives love their jobs. About how we throw everything we’ve got into our campaigns. What if you could throw yourself into an ocean for the cause?

The above is speculations, of course. It could be hardy, healthy talents in the campaign. God knows how long a writer/art director/producer/suit will last in the open ocean.

The point I’m trying to make though, is that this campaign, is a perfectly integrated example of a 2.0, reality-series driven, consumer generated content world meets old school media plan of TV, radio blabla so called ‘traditional agency’ model.

It’s an example how of creative agencies can take back ownership of an idea. That we can shove a finger up sexy digital agencies, with their oh-so-smart technical know-how and say, ‘Hey. You’ve got the means. We’ve still got the ideas.’

It’s the only way to survive in the cold, merciless ocean of change.

You don’t need to be wishfully thinking ‘oh… how I wish I could do that in my oh-so-traditional agency’. You should be wistfully dreaming ‘oh… I’m gonna do this great idea. What do we need to make it happen. Is it gonna fail? No… is it gonna EPIC FAIL? Am I gonna have to do it myself? Like, am I gonna be sharkbait to make it happen?’

Yes oh.. yes. I’m looking forward to asking myself that question every day.

Oh and before you go, please visit the link to see for yourself, the awesomeness.

1 comment:

  1. I like where you're coming from. We all have the means to make our dreams come true, and it's following those passions that give us a sense of fulfillment and purpose.

    (Pity I couldn't view the clip though. Blehr.)

    ReplyDelete